Who are we?
Sandcross Church consists of a range of different people, of various ages and backgrounds: young, and old, families and singles – whoever you are you are assured a very warm welcome at Sandcross Church.
The Church Leaders and Serving Members work together to serve Jesus Christ in the community.
- Morning Service: 10:30-11:30am
- Prayer@4: 4.00-5:00pm
(For more details see What’s On)
When to arrive (on Sunday mornings):
If it’s your first visit then it’s probably best to turn up around 10:15am. (The service starts at 10:30am,so that gives you plenty of time to find you way in without feeling rushed!) If you are driving, you’ll be glad to know that there’s plenty of free parking at the back of our building. For directions please view the Map of Sandcross Church. You’ll be greeted on the door by our welcome team who will give you some information about the church and will help you to settle in.
The children stay in the main service for the first couple of songs, and then head out to Sand and Stars (our group for ages 0-11) which meets in the back hall straight after the kids’ song. (It’s pretty obvious which one that is!)
Please don’t feel uncomfortable if the younger ones are a bit boisterous – we know what children are like(!) If they are in a particularly energetic/unsettled mood, we have an overflow space at the back of church. Sometimes parents find it easier to sit in here with their children during the early part of the service – it’s a contained space with space to move around without disturbing anyone, and there are a few books/toys as well.
What to wear:
Wear whatever you feel comfortable in. We are an informal church and accept people as they are. There is no need to dress up to try and be someone that you’re not. Whether you come as a suited businessman, a chilled-out teen or a full-on punk-rocker that is fine with us.
What to expect:
For some people going anywhere for the first time can be a bit nerve-racking. To help avoid any worries here’s a quick summary of what you can expect at Sandcross:
- First of all we aren’t super-spiritual beings, we all had a ‘first day’ at church, and you’ll find we are a friendly bunch – if you don’t understand something please simply ask.
- We start our meeting at 10.30am – the first half includes a mix of songs, prayers and Bible readings, and then a few minutes of notices to keep us informed of diary dates etc.
- Around 11am we then have a talk from the Bible that is relevant to our modern lives.
- We finish our meeting around 11:30am, with tea and coffee afterwards. Some services also include communion.
- Our aim is that whether you are just looking into Christianity for the first time or have been a Christian for many years that you should be encouraged and inspired by the morning. We hope that everyone will draw closer to God.
What we believe:
We are a Christian church and believe that everyone can come to know God personally. We believe this is possible because of Jesus (God the Son) who invites us to follow him. We have friendly relationships with other local churches from both traditional and modern backgrounds. For more details see What We Believe
If you are interested in exploring the Christian faith then please come along on a Sunday or contact the office to ask for a free booklet.
Is it just Sundays?
Absolutely not! God is with us all week long and we aim to lead lives pleasing to him. We’re not perfect and we do make mistakes, but we want to make a positive difference in everything we do. To help encourage us we also have:
- Midweek small group meetings: Small groups are a great way to get to know others in the church and to be real with each other about everyday living.
- Acorns: Our Parent/Toddler Group. For more details see What is Acorns?
- Family Fun Time: Once a term, or so, we run Family Fun Time a free event for the local community including Bouncy Castle, Games, Face Painting and Childrens’ Story. See What’s On for more details.
For those with disabilities:
We aim to be an all-inclusive church – if you wish to discuss specific needs please contact the church office. Our premises are wheelchair accessible and we have appropriate facilities. There are parking spaces by the front entrance. We also have a loop for hearing aid users (switch to the ‘T’ setting).