A Brief History of Sandcross Church
Sandcross Church started during World War II as a missionary outreach, from a Gospel Hall in Redhill, to children in Woodhatch, Reigate. They met every week in the cricket pavilion at Hartswood until they filled it! Not surprisingly their parents were also attracted and the first meetings of the Church also took place in the pavilion.
By 1947, an adult group was large enough to buy the plot of land in Sandcross Lane – and build a wooden structure similar to an army officers mess! This became known as Sandcross Hall.
Ten years later the church had grown sufficiently to step out in faith with a new building which was dedicated by Lieutenant-General Sir William Dobbie.
The church continued to grow over the years and a large extension was added to the rear of the property in the late 1990’s. Today we continue to reach out to the local community through Family Fun Time, Acorns (our parent toddler group) and Cafe Church.