Re-opening from lockdown
Welcome back to meeting together in the building of Sandcross Church!
Sandcross Church isn’t the building but the people, so we haven’t been away just not able to meet together in the same place.
In line with government guidlines, we need you to adhere to the following:
- Social distancing (2m or 6ft) to be observed at all times.
- You will not be greeted with the usual handshake or hug and we ask that you do not shake the hands of or hug others in the building. However, you will be greeted with a warm smile!
- A separate entry and exit point with hand sanitizers at these points. All visitors to the building must sanitize their hands on entry and exit of building. Entry & exit points will be clearly indicated.
- If you are unwell or suspect that you may have Covid 19 symptoms then please do not attend church.
- Face coverings must be worn by all entering the building. We will have spares if you should forget yours.
- We will not be able to sing during the service until further guidance from the government.
- Communion will not be served until further guidance from the government.
- All used paper towels should be placed in the bins provided.
- Refreshments will not be served and glasses of water will no longer be available. Therefore please bring your own water bottle if you feel that you will need a drink during your time in the building.
- If you wish to make a donation to the church then we would encourage you to do this on line. Where this is not possible then we ask that you place any cash or cheque donations in an envelope, which will be provided and placed in the offering box, which is situated in the church.
- If you normally get a lift to church this will now not be possible, so we ask that you make your own arrangements.
- Young children are to be supervised by their parents or guardians at all times. The room at the back of the church is for families with young children.
What we've done
- The church has been thoroughly cleaned in preparation for our return to meeting together.
- All Bibles have been removed from the church and so we ask that you bring your own. Bible readings will be projected onto the screen as usual.
- Cotton towels have been removed from toilets and kitchen and replaced with paper towels.
- All upholstered chairs and soft furnishings have been removed and replaced with plastic chairs.
- Children’s soft furnishings & toys have been removed and put out of use.
- All surfaces, which are most frequently touched such as door handles and rails, will be regularly cleaned, before and after each church gathering.